Sunshine Coast Stadium is a state of the art facility and the premier venue for sport, recreation and events in the Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay Region. Visit location for details on how to get here.
The Stadium field meets international requirements and is primarily configured for sports requiring a rectangle playing surface, however the venue has the flexibility to accommodate oval sports such as cricket and AFL. The venue hosts an array of events including international and national games and training camps across codes, regional and state league games as well as music and entertainment events.
Click here for virtual tour of the Stadium entry.
National Standard Playing Facility
- Seven available fields including an international standard main field that is meticulously maintained by our professional ground staff.
- Air conditioned players change room facilities on the ground floor, with each set of two having connecting doors to enable two larger change rooms
- Media room for post game interviews with coaches and players.
- Fully enclosed, air conditioned, media box and control office in a central location on the concourse level
- Live broadcast camera platform
- Sideline benches for players and officials
- Two fully enclosed, air conditioned coaches boxes on the concourse level with communication to players Benches
- Fully equipped medical room adjacent to change rooms
- Anti-doping facility adjacent to change rooms
- Air conditioned male and female officials change room and amenities
- Field lighting of over 200 lux
- Fully eqipped gymnasium
- Sunshine Coast Stadium is adjacent to Kawana Aquatic Centre with easy access to recovery pools and additional training facilities.
- Click here for a virtual tour of the fields.
- 1050 covered, tiered seats within the Stadium grandstand
- Three levels including ground floor, mezzanine and concourse levels
- Concourse level located to rear of top tier seating provides views to both the main field and the east bank of Lake Kawana
- Licenced and unlicenced seating available
- Audio loop for hearing impaired patrons
- Click here for virtual tour of the grandstands
Food and Beverage
- Canteen facilities located on ground floor with direct access to commercial kitchen
- Bar servery located on the concourse level
- Fully equppied commercial kitchen on ground level with access to lift, which opens from ground level commercial kitchen into Corporate Lounge servery
- Click here for a virtual tour of the bistro/bar
Concourse level Bar Servery
- Spectator toilets on both the ground and mezzanine levels
- Click here for a virtual tour of where the toilets are located.
- Two entry gates located on Sportsmans Parade with direct access to Ground, Mezzanine and Concourse levels
- Alternate access into Kawana Sports Precinct from Nicklin Way with pathways to the Stadium on foot or via car
- Public lift access
- Wheelchair seating in grandstands
Lift access from Ground Level to Concourse Level (Mezzanine pictured)
Corporate Function Rooms
- Ticket box office located on Sportsmans Parade on the northern side of the Stadium for ticket purchase or collection.
- The ticket office is a fully enclosed, air conditioned, secure building with multiple queuing points, including windows for disability access.
- Ticketing for events can be managed by Hirer or the Venue (details to be discussed upon booking the venue).
- Permanent parking available via Nicklin Way entry.
- Street parking available on Sportsmans Parade.
The design of the grandstand incorporates environmentally sustainable features which utilise cost-effective technology to minimise impacts on the environment. It includes:
- Rain water harvesting and water saving features
- Solar panels feeding into grid
- Solar performance glass
- Solar blinds
- Passive energy conservation measures to minimise energy consumption without reducing accommodation standards
- Low maintenance materials
- Low VOC points
- Energy efficient appliances
- Sensor lighting systems
Sunshine Coast Stadium has two Solar Power Systems installed, a 30kW commercial system on the roof composed of 127 x Kyocera Solar 253W photovoltaic modules feeding twin 15kW SMA Sunny Tripower inverters.
This system supplies power to the Stadium with excess production fed back into the grid. A monitoring system displays real time power production data on a 52" LED LCD display in the foyer, along with information such as historical production statistics and CO2 savings.
The second Solar Power System is a 3.3kW system installed on a car park shading structure with an integrated electric vehicle charging station.